Listen Live on  
 

Classic Rock 100.7 WRDU

Raleigh's Classic Rock
 
 

Manual recommended carbon monoxide detectors

 
Posted Monday, August 12th 2013 @ 10am

BOONE, N.C. (AP) _ The owner's manual for the pool heater at a Boone motel where three people died from carbon monoxide poisoning this year warns detectors for the odorless gas should be put in when the heater is installed.
 
The owner's manual from the company that supplied the heated by using the device's model number.
 
The front page of the manual has a warning strongly recommending carbon monoxide detectors. Inside, there is another warning saying improperly installing the heater could cause death from carbon monoxide gas.
 
Authorities say the motel didn't install the detectors and didn't get a permit before installing the used heater in 2011. A married couple died one night, and an 11-year-old boy died a month later in the room above the heater.
 
Police are still investigating the deaths.

Recommended Stories

More from Classic Rock 100.7 WRDU

*